Dear patients and members of the Nordbariatric community,
We would like to let you know that new regulations were approved for people traveling to Lithuania from foreign countries. These regulations are valid for everyone traveling to Lithuania from August 18 onwards.
Here is what you need to know:
If the number of new COVID-19 cases per 100.000 residents in your country in the last 14 days is:
1) Less than 25, then patients can travel to Lithuania and the clinic without any restrictions.
2) More than 25, then:
- Residents of such countries are now allowed to travel to Lithuania (this regulation applies only for patients from Switzerland and countries of European Economic Area).
- Previously, a special permission from the Lithuanian government was needed, but not anymore.
- Such residents have to take a COVID-19 test no sooner than 72 hours before arriving in Lithuania. The test has to be taken in the country of residence.
- Additional COVID-19 tests in Lithuania before surgery will remain obligatory to all the patients of our clinic to ensure their safety. We are making sure that you have not caught the virus while flying, traveling to the clinic.
- A 14-day quarantine upon arrival is compulsory by Lithuanian law.
- There is a possibility to change your location of self-isolation (from hotel to clinic and others) while in Lithuania and your customer service representative will do that for you (fill out all the forms needed)
- You are not allowed to walk to any restaurant, market, or any other place that will not be mentioned in the forms, but you will be able to have your tests, consultations, and surgeries done as planned.
- You (or your partner) will be able to fly back to your home and will not need to stay for the whole 14 days in Lithuania. This is the maximum time needed for self-isolation, but patients can fly back home, for example, after 7 days.
Below are the numbers of new COVID-19 cases per 100.000 residents in the last 14 days. We update this table a few times per week. To see the very latest data for your country, follow this link.