Our dietitian in the UK - Deborah Norman
- Deborah is a Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Consultant with over 25 years of experience.
- Specialises in supporting patients who undergo Bariatric surgery.
- Director and Lead Clinical Consultant for Diet Health Ltd., providing dietetic expert advice for patients living in the UK and Ireland.
- Member of British Dietetic Association, British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society.
- Other specialist areas include: weight management, sports and performance nutrition, eating disorders, healthy lifestyles and eating plans.
Our 5-year follow-up includes
Pre surgery consultations
- Initial telephone call to welcome you to the service and explain the support provided;
- Organising post surgery consultations;
- Patient resources – diet sheets and recipes.
Post surgery consultations
- Telephone, text and email support – this includes the option of you being able to photograph your food and send by text for assessment;
- Follow up telephone call once you are back home;
- Monthly phone or Skype appointment to monitor weight loss and nutritional adequacy of the diet for first 3 months, then 3 monthly for the next 9 months. You will then be monitored 6 monthly for the next year and then a yearly check-up to 5 years.
- For those able to attend face to face appointments body composition analysis will be undertaken using Marsden Medical Grade Scales – this provides body fat %, fat free mass, bone density, etc. and is a very useful monitoring tool to assess adequacy of the diet and weight loss progression after surgery.